(Position Filled) Tax Adviser
We are currently looking to recruit a qualified candidate to join as a Tax Adviser in our Yangon office in Myanmar.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment with career development and personal growth opportunities.
Myanmar Tax Director, Managing Director, Regional Tax Partners and Head of the Practice Group
Key external relationships:
Key internal relationships:
Project Managers, Representative Partners, Senior Managers
Mon-Fri, 9am – 6pm
Primary Responsibilities of the role
The primary responsibility of this position is to participate in building of strong value-adding practice expertise beyond the local tax advice and to contribute to the sustainability and development of the Firm’s business.
Main duties of the role
- Report to and take instructions from the Partners, Managing Director, Directors, and the Heads of the Practice Group
- Assist Legal & Tax Adviser/s to provide tax advice exclusively on behalf of the Firm and to Clients of the Firm;
- Prepare and file tax returns and relevant compliances for the Firm’s Clients;
- Review the Client’s tax compliance records; identifying and reporting tax issues or tax risks (for instance, in the case of a tax due diligence);
- Attend to tax audits/reviews and requests for supporting documentation;
- Provide general tax advisory;
- Liaise with the tax authority and other related bodies;
- Participate on knowledge management, professional development and administrative activities as requested; and
- Undertake other duties as may be required from a Tax Adviser from time to time.
Essential skills & proficiency
- University level qualification in Law or professional accounting qualifications;
- 4-7 years of tax experience;
- Experience in dealing or liaising with Myanmar tax authorities; and
- Experience in managing and enhancing client relationship.
- Proactive and passion for the tax area;
- Proficient in both spoken and written English;
- Experience in providing tax advisory or tax consultancy is an advantage;
- Big 4 / top accounting or tax firm experience will be highly regarded.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae or resume, accompanied by a covering letter outlining the candidate’s interest in and suitability for the position.
All applications and expressions of interest will be treated confidentially and reviewed only by DFDL Senior Management and the Human Resources team.
Please note that this position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed and processed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.