Senior Legal Advisor
Managing Director, Partners and Project Managers
Key external relationships:
Clients, Business Associations and Government Officials
Key internal relationships:
Partners, Directors, Senior Management, Regional Practice Groups and other key internal stakeholders
Competitive, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Any Nationality, Candidates with LLB degree from premier law schools (LLM degree from premier law schools will be preferred)
Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm
Main Duties of the Role
- Report to and take instruction from the Partners, Managing Director, Deputy Managing Director and any supervising legal advisors;
- Provide legal advice in the areas of General Corporate, Banking & Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, or any other practice area of interest exclusively on behalf of DFDL and to the clients of DFDL;
- Undertake all activities typical of a legal advisor, including the drafting of contracts, letters of advice, legal opinions and other legal instruments;
- Draft and deliver fee proposals, keep accurate time records, review and revise invoices and assist in the collection of outstanding invoices;
- Peer review the work of other advisors and provide constructive feedback as necessary;
- Supervise and provide leadership and coaching to junior legal advisors and legal assistants;
- Participate actively in the Firm’s business development efforts, including government relations, various chambers of commerce, business clubs and other relevant groups;
- Participate in knowledge management, professional development and Firm administrative activities as requested; and
- Other tasks not explicitly listed in this document may be assigned from time to time.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum five years up to seven years of PQE with professional work experience in legal advisory in any reputed law firm and must be a qualified lawyer in their respective jurisdiction
- Understanding of critical issues in their practice and various client requirements
- Good academic credentials, writing, analytical thinking, and communications skills are essential
- Ability to interact with clients on work and socially
- Ability to brief supervisors on the truncation and necessary research abilities
- Excellent communication in spoken and written English is a must
- Have an enthusiastic attitude towards building a career in a multi-cultural work environment and should have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to take the initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Honesty, reliability, a strong work ethic and a commitment to strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and committed to self-improvement
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Microsoft Office suite proficient
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Ability to manage time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional academic credentials, writing, analytical thinking, and communications skills are essential.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae or resume and a cover letter outlining the candidate’s interest and suitability for the position.
All applications and expressions of interest will be treated confidentially and reviewed only by DFDL Senior Management and the Human Resources team.
Please note that this position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed and processed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.