MORE USEFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES ON COVID-19
Will coronavirus infect FDI? Click here for the recent article by Thura Swiss.
The State Department issued a worldwide notice to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. See the alert here.
The U.S. Embassy in Myanmar is sharing regular updates on their website.
The Ministry of Health and Sports has up-to-date information available on their website.
In order to receive safety and security information from the Embassy, we recommend that U.S. citizens sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). You can enroll in STEP via http://step.state.gov. Once you enroll, you will receive future messages and alerts by email. The Embassy publishes all messages and alerts at this website and maintains a separate COVID-19 webpage here.
For guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19, please click here for the recent document published by the U.S. Department of Labor.
COVID-19: Recent IMF analytical work and research on how the coronavirus is impacting the global economy:
- Coronavirus Economic Planning: Hoping for the Best, Prepared for the Worst by Martin Mühleisen of the Strategy, Policy, and Review Department
- Monetary and Financial Stability During the Coronavirus Outbreak by Financial Counsellor Tobias Adrian
- Limiting the Economic Fallout of the Coronavirus with Large Targeted Policies by Chief Economist Gita Gopinath
- Fiscal Policies to Protect People During the Coronavirus Outbreak by Vitor Gaspar and Paolo Mauro of the Fiscal Affairs Department
- Potential Impact of the Coronavirus Epidemic: What We Know and What We Can Do by Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva